Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sometimes I fall down

Yesterday I attempted my first solo trail run. As I ran up the hill at Rancho San Antonio Park I started to wonder:

A) Is it a good idea to run alone in Mountain Lion Country?
B) Is it a good idea to run at noon in the heat alone?
C) Is that a dog or a mountain lion?

Yes, my third time that I saw an animal that could have been a Mountain Lion - but that's another story. After the mysterious animal siting, I ran down the hill and attempted to finish my run on the flat crowded multi-use trail. This should have been uneventful. I decided to fall in a dramatic fashion even though the trail was flat. Now I'm scraped up like a two year old. Will I ever learn? Moral of the story - it doesn't matter what you are doing - running up a mountain in mountain lion territory, or running past families and strollers - you can still fall.

So, I will continue my search for new and crazy adventures that will leave me wondering if I've jumped in head first too many times.

No comments: