Saturday, April 25, 2009

Running is such sweet sorrow

Ah the aftermath of a good run. I am longing for a bath, a nap, lots of food and a beer but I will do none of those things. I am catching up on the show Survivor. When I was watching it last week all I could think of was how much I'd miss running if I was on that show. I imagined running in circles because they probably keep you in a very small area. I'd be so weak from not eating a thing, I'd pass out and be sent home on day 3. I wouldn't have an ipod or my new Garmin that I'm so in love with. Oh the humanity! Those really are the comforts in life.

Today Sarah and I ran 12 miles from Sports Basement in the Presidio, over the Golden Gate Bridge, down to Fisherman's Wharf and back. Then I bought a Garmin so I could torture myself during my training and stick with a faster pace. I am excited for Monday's Run.

No comments: