Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oh the heights!


Hills! Gotta love them. Yesterday I did an easy run with Dan and my legs felt like sludge - he could have walked slowly next to me and would have out paced me. In fact, he almost did that on the hills until I had a temper tantrum and told him I would not move until he ran ahead. Oh, I'm so much to love sometimes. But today I was determined. Embracing my "opposite George" way of thinking these days, I decided to do everything differently - I got up, did some ab exercises (which I hate. I tried following something in Runner's World magazine as best I could), had coffee and tried to wake up a bit. Then I forgot my Ipod and said oh well. I ran about 20 mins to the hill and then I flew up it, glancing at my watch from time to time. I have to say that I was impressed. I know that sounds conceited but I didn't think my legs could handle it today and they did pretty good. I did 5 hill repeats with a two minute jog in between down hill. I got up higher on the third repeat and never got slower. When I have bad weeks I will try to think about today for inspiration. Of course, now I feel weak and am convinced I have the swine flu. Really, I just overdid it a bit.

As a side note. I have a new workout partner. My 13 year old cat has decided to join me in my healthy plight. He seems to have mastered the "cat pose" and the "look at my belly pose." He is very inspirational.

1 comment:

Sarah Woulfin said...

Keep up the good work & don't forget to stretch afterwards!!