Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Last track (800) workout!

Sounds a little like "last chance workout," stolen from The Biggest Loser, but they are somehow related. This was the last 800 workout before the SF Marathon. I felt like this was a test to see if the vacation totally got me out of shape (and if I had no hope of a new PR for the marathon) but I am so happy to say that I passed. We ran 5 800's (two laps) and started out almost on fire. It was so hot out that I literally felt on fire. I was also scared to slow down and jinx myself. I was hoping to finish between 4:14-4:25 and finished 4:04 for the first one. The second was 4:10. The next two I did slower (the 4th was two seconds slower than should be) and for the last one I did 4:22. I started out too fast on the first one so I couldn't quite get that one again, but overall I think I did pretty good. I am hoping to finish in 4:30 for the marathon so according to McMillan.com, I "should" be able to at that 800 pace.

Yippeeeeee......

No comments: