Sunday, October 25, 2009

Intervention Successful! I have quit the couch (for now)

Not that I've been a complete sloth - I have been running a few times a week and doing the 30 day shred a bit but I could see myself slipping into the couch more and more. Yesterday, Sarah staged an intervention. I think she was afraid she's lost her running buddy. She's got the NYC Marathon next week so she's maintained her running hardcore like while I've taken a bit of a break. So, over pizza and gelato, she created a plan to get me in shape for our marathon training which starts on Jan 2nd. I will be back to running 4 days a week and I'm hoping to keep doing the dvd to help with abs and arm stuff.

The intervention worked and I ran 9 miles today from my house down lake street to Baker Beach, halfway over the Golden Gate Bride and back through the Presidio. It was warm, sunny and great. Glad to be back, hope I don't fall off the wagon.

No comments: