Friday, May 1, 2009

Racing the boats

My weekday runs for the first week are complete! I haven't counted how many weeks out we are but I know that it is one less than a week ago. My math skills are that good. Today was a "tempo run." That's the first official time I've done that. I've done treadmill runs where I run fast for a few mins at a time and I've done some trail runs when I've done the same, but today I ran 15 mins slow, 20 fast pace, and 15 slow. When I looked up the pace I am supposed to run, I thought it was a bit slow for what I could do, so I just started running as fast as I thought I could maintain for 20 mins. It worked out well that way. Sarah and I are planning on running a few of our long Saturday runs with a few miles fast at the end and we are supposed to run around our fast tempo pace (which would be a little bit faster than marathon pace). I am going to try and stick to what I did today and see how I do. I ran along Chrissy Field so I could watch the boats, watch the tourists, watch the bridge and stay on flat ground.

No comments: