Sunday, August 2, 2009

Giving Lance Armstrong a run for his money, or a laugh...

Thought I'd add some cross training into my life. My friend Jessica is loaning me her old hybrid bike with road tires since she upgraded to a sweeter ride. Yesterday we went on the Berkeley Bay Trail to Richmond, about a 16 mile ride. It was around 6pm - the fog and wind was kicking up a little bit. We chatted the whole time and enjoyed the view of the bay. I must say it was nice to be done a 16 mile workout and not feel any soreness - who knew low impact sports can be fun! I'm going to try biking to the train station instead of driving to work. I'm thinking about doing a triathlon in Fremont in September if I can add biking and swimming into my schedule.

As far as running goes, I plan on doing 3 or 4 easy runs this week and the next two before really beginning marathon training again. Crazy...

No comments: