Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh Ave of the Giants - see you in two days!

Oh so looking forward to this weekend. Marathons are such a crazy challenge. First few miles you are flying and trying to pace yourself (literally). Then you just kind of go with it and are in a zone. Miles 14ish to 20 - it gets serious and stays serious. Your legs start to feel like all the weight of the world is bringing them to a halt, yet this is when you have to just ignore that feeling and thoughts in your head and charge on. This is where I usually "hit the wall" my own special way - meaning, I usually think I could curl up and take a nap on the sidelines and it would be ok. I have to reach deep to find the sane part of me. Last few miles, I just have to do it and know that I'm almost done and I'll really be able to stop running once I hit 26.2. I also look forward to friends and family that meet me at the end and sometimes along the way.

No comments: