Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Personal Records

With 4 days to go until the Marathon, I'm having a terrible time focusing. Recently I left my company after 5 exciting and sometimes challenging years. I am also getting married in 2 months. Those are my confessions. What does this have to do with running? It has more to do with not running. I long for a long run - the head clearing, mile upon mile kind with a great running buddy. When I started training for my first marathon 5 years ago, I was single, just finishing up grad school, and still in the process of, well, processing. While I'll always be processing in some way, now I am a seasoned worker, runner, and about to be married. I've come a longer way than 26 miles, but I find myself at another crossroad and it's a bit scary. Life is all about PRing - I'm looking for my next PR.

1 comment:

Sarah Woulfin said...

This is powerful post....And PRs are not just about being speedy, they're about being tough as Sh*t !