Thursday, April 22, 2010

Running is for the birds.

I usually run in the mornings or after work, but yesterday I had the opportunity to run midday. I started out in the drizzle and by the end the sun was shining. I actually ran in capri tights and my old navy rain jacket because for once, I was in the mood to be overdressed. Well, overdressed for me. I'd normally rather be too cold than warm while running.

I didn't see many other runners out there - but I did see this bird.


Is it a crane? Chrissy field has tons of interesting birds since it's marshy. I wanted to get close but it looked so regal that I didn't want to disturb it. Once I got a little closer, I could see it's feathers were a bit rumpled. I felt a little bit comforted by that. But I know we're both ok.

I ran 5 miles easy. Today I will run the last tempo before the marathon. My legs already are forgetting all of the miles they've done but they better not forget too much :)

No comments: