Sunday, May 3, 2009

I was swimming

I love to swim, and like running, I tend to take the slow lane. Maybe I get into some kind of trance where I don't need to think about it and I just gradually stay in a slow and steady pace, who knows. I haven't swam for about a year, but since today was a day off from running, it felt like a nice day to swim.

I was on the swim team in high school and track in middle school, and both times, the coaches would laugh at my form. Neither coach gave me ideas on how to correct it, and one coach told me I swam like Gumby. It would be nice to have someone give me ideas on how to have a better form. It's worked really well when I've taken snowboarding camp - each time I've become a better snowboarder.

I'm thinking out loud now...Sundays are good for that.

I just swam to get back into it. I took it easy and swam for 20 minutes, just enough to deserve the hot tub.

1 comment:

Sarah Woulfin said...

Swimming is so therapeutic before the trials of the workweek :O