Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stop working so hard!

Nothing is better than three 400's and three 800's in the morning! Yeah right.

It was actually really fun - I must hate myself. I drove to Oakland to go to Piedmont Track with Sarah. It's such a nice track and it was sunny and warm - very inspiring to the legs. We ran a 400 - 800 - 400 - 800 - 400 - 800. I had looked up my times based on what I hope to finish the marathon in and I stayed almost on track (no pun intended). The 400's were easier to stay within the goal time, but I had a harder time on the 800's. I have to work on that.

The best part was that the coach who is always there working with runners gave me some advice. The first time I ran by I figured he must be inwardly correcting my form. But the second time I think he couldn't resist and yelled, "Quit working so hard! Relax your shoulders and let your legs move your arms" or something like that. I did relax my shoulders and felt better. I think I expect my arms to move me forward during faster runs. Sarah noticed that I do that as well. I am going to try and remember that advice.

1 comment:

Sarah Woulfin said...

Imagine how easy the marathon will feel!!