Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Misty Tempo

I'm leaving for the east coast on Thursday (whoohooo!!) so I'm trying to cram my runs in before I go. I suspect there will be much merriment and not much running in the 10 days I am home. My goal is to get three runs in next week at home, with no long run. Sarah and I start marathon training on Jan 4th so I'm thinking this will be a nice little break before the torture, I mean "fun" begins.

So yesterday I did my 75 minute run down Lake Street extra early and I must have been missing the track because i did a 800 in the middle, mostly because I was running so slowly and I had an early meeting I had to get to. That was pretty fun though. This morning I woke up to the sound of the rain but was determined to get my 60 minute tempo workout in (20 mins at tempo pace). I think my tempo pace needs a little work and I hope to improve in the New Year. I ran along Chrissy Field trail to the "Hoppers Hands" sign for a nice misty yet flat run. It was pretty quiet down there - just me, a cop car, a few runners and some birds.

No comments: