Monday, March 8, 2010

Halfway done

At some point last week, it became the midway point in our training for the Ave of the Giants marathon! I didn't really notice it because my schedule was wonky. I had a three day training in San Francisco and I ran at night after work instead of in the morning. Also, on Tuesday I actually ran home from training and did a 14 mile route in the city ending around 8pm. That was the longest mid week run that I've done (that wasn't a weekend run rescheduled). 14 miles in the middle of the week was a killer. I was bitter about it most of the week, but then during our 14 miles on Saturday with 5 miles at marathon pace, I felt like it may have paid off somehow. Stamina!

This week is another monster - almost 60 miles! Today I ran 7 and I have a 12, 10, a tempo workout and a 20 miler on Saturday to top it off. I am concentrating this week on eating better, sleeping more, and being more organized.

No comments: