Sunday, February 28, 2010

50 plus miles!

Hit 50.2 miles this week! Very exciting stuff since this is the first time I've run this much in a week. We are going to have several weeks of 50+ miles. We ran 20 miles yesterday, our first 20 miler of the training. I forgot how much harder it gets after 18 miles - I think I was starting to feel like it was no big deal. Oh it's a big deal :) Last night I was no fun and went to bed at 8:30. I feel bad for my soon to be husband and am glad that the marathon takes place two months before the wedding.

Next week I have training in San Francisco for work. We are planning a 14 mile, 7 mile, track workout and then a 14 mile run on Saturday that includes 5 miles of marathon pace. Should be a fun but intense week.

PS. If you want to go for a long run on a very flat trail, go to the Iron Horse Trail - part of it is in Walnut Creek. Then go refuel at Hubcabs.

No comments: