Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hills again!

Today was my first hill workout of this training (4 hills during an hour run - 1 minute up the hill and 2  minute cool down) and boy did my legs have amnesia.  I did the same hill I normally do, but I seem to have forgotten what pace to do. The first 3 hill repeats I sluggishly completed, and for the fourth I thought that I would just pick a pace at the bottom of the hill and maintain it all the way through. This was easy at the bottom and at the middle but I had to push it at the end. I think I actually got up higher for that one minute than I have before so that will be my new trick. I am happy to have gotten three workouts down so far with only two left for the week. I haven't gotten any strength training workouts in - I'm hoping tonight and tomorrow I'll be inspired.

No comments: