Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Running up five hills

I didn't really give a summary of how the first week of training went, but I would sum it up as good but tiring. This weekend I was pretty tuckered out, and then during the 8  miles on Monday and 6 on Tuesday I was also lumbering along. I think it's a combination of the increase in miles, and the fact that I'm trying to watch what I eat more than I normally would (getting married in July craziness). Yesterday my friend Rebecca convinced me to come over for some much needed pasta and wine and this morning I actually woke up with energy! I had a great hill workout and actually got to work at a decent time. Food is golden! I'm going to make sure I eat enough now that I'm really burning way more calories, especially with the long runs getting longer as the weeks go by. I've just always found it hard to lose weight while training but maybe this time will be different??!?


ps. Today was a 60 minute run with 5 hills.
   

No comments: