Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday morning long runs are like a few glasses of wine

Is it weird that here I am at work on a Monday morning and I am relaxed? I ran 8 miles this morning and now nothing really seems to be worth stressing over. Perhaps I am just too tired, but I feel pretty good post 8 miles :)

I ran along Chrissy Field - they are doing some construction on the roadway so it's not super peaceful but it was pretty good. Sarah would have "enjoyed" the huge waves that were splashing over beneath the bridge. At one point, the wave soaked the road but luckily I was far away when that happened. I ran down there via Presidio thinking that since I didn't use my "hill" muscles this weekend, they'd be well rested. My legs were a bit heavy from the 13 mile run this weekend and my pace was slow, but all in all,  I think it went ok.

My other training this week includes a hill workout, tempo, about a 6 mile run and 15 this weekend with Sarah.

1 comment:

Sarah Woulfin said...

Yeah, what's the deal....I'm so relaxed I can barely keep my eyes open. I guess running now counts as my drug of choice!