Sunday, February 7, 2010

Half Marathon PR!

This morning Sarah and I got up early for our favorite yearly pre superbowl event, the Kaiser Half Marathon. She told me a few weeks ago that she'd "consider pacing me" for it. This means scrapping her own chances for a PR and slowing down her pace quite a bit. I thought it was a great idea, a challenge for me and a "fun run" for her! It was fantastic running weather, 50's and 60's with party cloudy skies opening up to sun at the finish. Thank you San Francisco! We truly are spoiled running brats. Sarah kept the pace at just below 10 minute miles the whole way and we had a negative split with an average of 9:50 for me - my new 1/2 PR is 2:10 (13 minutes faster than my last :)

It was a great confidence boast and a kick in the pants that I can and should up my pace more often. Sarah is quite convinced that I've been lying to her this whole time about what I can do, and she's not going to let me be lazy anymore. Fun times.

2 comments:

René said...

Congrats on your PR! It must be great to have your own pacer.

Sarah Woulfin said...

You earned the PR!!