Friday, February 26, 2010

Steady Stated Friday

We are almost at the halfway part in the training. All of the "deep into training" symptoms are starting to kick in but the one I'm feeling the most right this second is sleepy. I think it's because of this morning's steady state. My average for the 35 minute steady state portion of the 80 minute run was in the low part of my pace zone, so that's good. The last 5 minutes I decided to run as fast as I felt like and that felt pretty darn good. My legs liked having off yesterday. Hopefully my pace in speedwork is getting better and that will translate to marathon PR. Heck, I hope all of this training translates into a marathon PR.

Tomorrow is a 20 mile run with Sarah and she is bringing girl scout cookies! That's a good reason to get up early on a Saturday and hit the trail!

No comments: