Friday, June 5, 2009

Boy am I tired!

The golden retriever running next to me made it look easy today as I attempted to master the "tempo run." I ran for 25 mins at an easy pace, 20 mins at a faster speed, and then a 10 minute cool down. The path from my brain to my legs is a muddy one sometimes, "run! run!" my brain tells my legs. My legs are like the golden retriever laying in the sun, "not today, thanks." But I somehow nudged them away, and they ran.

Last week I felt like I had a breakthrough with my running and my legs felt great. This week they felt tired. The next two weeks will be hard as we get into the "meat" of our training.

Sarah just won the lottery, the NYC Marathon lottery - go Sarah! I did not get in but am happy (and only slightly bitter) for her :)

2 comments:

Sarah Woulfin said...

I'm confident we'll rock the beef of our training :P More importantly, thanks for being a super training partner, & i am counting on your motivation!!!

René said...

Congrats on your breakthrough and happy training!