Saturday, June 27, 2009

Running in Vacationland


View Larger Map

We're getting so close to the end of our training plan - one more long run left next week. I am in Maine right now on vacation. Yesterday two Mai Tais caused a little run in between my foot and some kind of sharp object and I woke up with a gash on the bottom of my foot. This mixed with the fact that on Thursday's long run my hamstring was irritated with me and I felt that for sure I wouldn't be able to resist hanging out on the deck instead of running. But, for some reason I ran anyway, from Orrs Island to Bailey Island down rolling hills and over a bridge that didn't have room for pedestrians. Not so safe but very fun.

This was the first week that I didn't manage to run 5 times. I may go for an easy run tomorrow if I am super inspired and wake up early. Next week will involve a lot of traveling so I would like to have the option of skipping a workout without the guilt.

No comments: