Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Track Stars

I wish I still had my 7th grade track team photo. Picture this: little Jenica in a red well worn track suit sitting in the front with my hair probably in tangles, laughing with my friend Jen. I wasn't the star, nor did I think I was - to me it was just fun. I think of this every time Sarah and I do a track workout at the Piedmont High School - I wonder how much my 400 time has improved or not.

Today the drama continued as Sarah found her car window smashed in. I didn't mention but last week my bank account was hacked into. We went to the track anyway doing 4 800's and a 400. My times were within my goal except for the last 800. I thought we were doing one more and I was running out of steam. To make up for it, during the last 400 I pretended I was playing hide and seek and someone was chasing me. That was fun and helped. Hopefully I can think of this on mile 24 of the marathon....

No comments: