Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Is there such a thing as an easy run?

I didn't set my alarm clock for this morning, but I woke up at 6am anyway and found my way out the door with my running shoes on. Luckily it was an "easy run" that was scheduled for today, because my shins are a little sore still from what I've been putting them through lately. I read that shin splints are a sign of "too much, too soon." That's probably about right. Other then my shins, I feel pretty good and am getting used to the 5 days a week training. Now I'm thinking a lot about what to do with all of this running energy after July 26. I'm trying to stop that thinking and focus on one run at a time. But I'm such a planner, so that's hard...

Looking forward to our "mixing it up" track workout tomorrow. We are doing 400,800 and 1200's. Should be fun times.

No comments: